Servings: Serves 4 if served as an entrée or 8 if used in combination with the Grilled
Steak Salad and Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, fresh or frozen
- ½ fresh pineapple
- ½ cup mushrooms, halved
- ½ cup water
- 6 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ jalapeno (optional)
You can also substitute Chicken for the Shrimp and make a simple orange chicken.
- Defrost shrimp in cold water if needed, drain and pat dry
or rinse and pat dry fresh shrimp.
- Core and slice the pineapple into 16 chunks, or similar
size to the shrimp.
- Cut the mushrooms in half.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for up to
5 minutes. Then, skewer the shrimp, pineapple, and mushrooms,
using about 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Make the citrus glaze by combining the water, orange
marmalade, soy sauce, and jalapeno (optional) in a small pot.
Warm briefly and whisk just to dissolve marmalade.
- Before grilling, brush the skewers with the citrus
glaze. Grill the shrimp for 3-5 minutes on the grill, or until
the shrimp just turns pink.
- When the skewers are done, heat the citrus glaze
and bring to a boil. Serve the skewers with a side of the
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit
Take Our Survey
We need your help! Periodically we conduct a survey of our visitors and use the results
to help guide our planning process for future programming. We really want to know what
you think, and your answers will help us improve the Shape Up America! organization. Please take
a few minutes to share your questions, thoughts and ideas. Your responses will be kept strictly
Donate to SUA
Please consider a donation to Shape Up America! Your tax-deductible contribution helps us develop new initiatives to
address the problem of obesity in America.
Shape Up Secrets
OAAA Weight Management