Servings: Serves 4 if served as an entrée or 8 if used in combination with the Grilled
Steak Salad and Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, fresh or frozen
- ½ fresh pineapple
- ½ cup mushrooms, halved
- ½ cup water
- 6 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ jalapeno (optional)
You can also substitute Chicken for the Shrimp and make a simple orange chicken.
- Defrost shrimp in cold water if needed, drain and pat dry
or rinse and pat dry fresh shrimp.
- Core and slice the pineapple into 16 chunks, or similar
size to the shrimp.
- Cut the mushrooms in half.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for up to
5 minutes. Then, skewer the shrimp, pineapple, and mushrooms,
using about 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Make the citrus glaze by combining the water, orange
marmalade, soy sauce, and jalapeno (optional) in a small pot.
Warm briefly and whisk just to dissolve marmalade.
- Before grilling, brush the skewers with the citrus
glaze. Grill the shrimp for 3-5 minutes on the grill, or until
the shrimp just turns pink.
- When the skewers are done, heat the citrus glaze
and bring to a boil. Serve the skewers with a side of the
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit