- 2 cup long grain brown rice
- 4 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup sliced mushrooms, or a package
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 4 Tablespoons green onions, sliced
- cilantro (for garnish)
- In a medium pot, sauté the shallots and garlic for about 2 minutes in the oil.
- Then, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for additional 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Keep the lid closed for the entire cooking time. After 45 minutes, let the rice sit in the
hot pot for 10 minutes before opening.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve alongside the surf and turf.
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit