A great way to start the morning is with an adequate serving of protein to fuel your brain. With a few simple ingredients
and just a few minutes, you can make a delicious breakfast burrito that will power you up and keep you satisfied until lunch.
This way you can curb the late morning sugar cravings you may feel after an incomplete breakfast. I hope this recipe helps
to get your morning started off great. Buenos dias!
Servings: Serves 1
- ½ whole wheat lavash or whole wheat 8-inch tortilla
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon trans fat free margarine or oil
- 1 Tablespoon reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon mashed pinto beans, or other bean
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped tomato
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water. Then, heat a small pan with the
margarine or oil on medium heat. When melted, pour the eggs in and cook for 1-2
minutes until no longer runny. You can flip the eggs once if you are able to do so. Place
the cheese on the eggs and fold over to melt the cheese.
- Warm the lavash or tortilla in a microwave or hot plate if desired. Spread the mashed
beans, then place the cooked egg, and tomato along side. Fold up tightly, folding in
sides first, then rolling. Cut in half if desired. The burrito is best eaten hot, but without the
tomato, it will heat well in microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Be sure not to burn your
mouth eating it though!
Additional information: appropriate for Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit