White rice, and even brown rice can get boring, so it’s nice to have multicolored wild rice for a change.
Its delightfully chewy texture and rich nutty flavor are sure to awaken your taste buds. I made this wild rice
recipe to go with Poached Sole with an Orange-Chive Sauce and steamed broccoli and cauliflower but that is only
one idea. You can combine this with many other entrée options. We call it “light soul food.” It is sure to revitalize
your body and soul with its nutritious content!
Servings: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 bunch scallions or ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- ½ teaspoon trans fat free margarine
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- In a small or medium pot with a lid, sauté the chopped celery and scallions in the margarine for 1-2 minutes
or until slightly translucent. Then, add the rice and stir over medium heat another minute. Add the water,
bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, turn off the heat, and add the chopped
spinach and cover for 5 minutes. Add salt at the end if desired.
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit