In this simple grilled recipe, the apricots are the stars. The juicy pork and tender salad are complemented by the delicious
flavor of the grilled apricots, it’s an elegant dish to add to your summer table. Serve with your favorite chilled
beverage to pair nicely with the smoky-sweetness of the grilled apricots.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon apricot preserves
- ½ Tablespoon finely chopped scallions
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 12 ounces cut into 4 slices pork loin, thin cut, trimmed
- 2-3 fresh apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 4- to 5-ounce bag mixed greens or baby arugula (about 8 cups) cleaned and dried
- 1-2 Tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, apricot preserves, scallions, salt and pepper in a small
container with a lid. Shake up well and set aside.
- Preheat nonstick grill to high. Spray grill with cooking spray. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, 2-3 minutes per side
depending on the thickness. Check doneness by inserting a thermometer into the thickest part of the chop. It should
register 145° F when done. Grill apricot halves on the coolest part of the grill, turning occasionally, until tender
and marked, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pork and apricots to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the dressing up well if settled. Then, toss the salad gently with a couple tablespoons of the dressing.
Cut the apricots into wedges and place on top of the salad. Thinly slice the pork and serve alongside the salad.
Top with toasted almonds if desired.
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit