Watching your weight this summer does not have to be a drag! Not when you have tasty and yummy low-fat snacks like
this one. This is a simple and delicious recipe that takes all of 10 minutes to prepare! The key is using fresh,
in-season cherries. You won't need to add much more if the cherries are good. In this hand-held cheesecake snack,
you get the crunchy graham cracker and creamy cheese that allow the cherries to be the stars!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 ounces (½ cup) reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cherries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tsp lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 8 whole wheat graham crackers or 4 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoons honey (drizzle)
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Cut and chop cherries and place in a bowl. Add sugar and lime juice. Mix and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Mix the cream cheese with the allspice and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Top graham crackers or toasted bread with cream cheese, then chopped cherries. Drizzle a few drops of honey on top,
and finish with toasted almonds. Serve immediately for best taste and texture.
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit