Watching your weight this summer does not have to be a drag! Not when you have tasty and yummy low-fat snacks like
this one. This is a simple and delicious recipe that takes all of 10 minutes to prepare! The key is using fresh,
in-season cherries. You won't need to add much more if the cherries are good. In this hand-held cheesecake snack,
you get the crunchy graham cracker and creamy cheese that allow the cherries to be the stars!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 ounces (½ cup) reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cherries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tsp lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 8 whole wheat graham crackers or 4 slices toasted whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoons honey (drizzle)
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Cut and chop cherries and place in a bowl. Add sugar and lime juice. Mix and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Mix the cream cheese with the allspice and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Top graham crackers or toasted bread with cream cheese, then chopped cherries. Drizzle a few drops of honey on top,
and finish with toasted almonds. Serve immediately for best taste and texture.
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit
Take Our Survey
We need your help! Periodically we conduct a survey of our visitors and use the results
to help guide our planning process for future programming. We really want to know what
you think, and your answers will help us improve the Shape Up America! organization. Please take
a few minutes to share your questions, thoughts and ideas. Your responses will be kept strictly
Donate to SUA
Please consider a donation to Shape Up America! Your tax-deductible contribution helps us develop new initiatives to
address the problem of obesity in America.
Shape Up Secrets
OAAA Weight Management