A great gluten-free and dairy-free dish with protein, these lettuce cups are not only packed with nutrients,
but are fun and portable too! A simple pesto made with arugula and mixed with tuna and garbanzo beans makes
this a gorgeous salad, that nestles itself in crisp butter lettuce leaves. The result is a great appetizer
or perfect lunch. I hope you give this a try, especially when the weather warms up!
Servings: 4 entrée or 8 appetizer servings
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups arugula, packed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 7 oz. garbanzo beans (half a can), rinsed well
- 1 can no-salt tuna packed in water
- 8-10 butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
- Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans, tuna, and lettuce into a blender or immersion blender. Blend until
herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or lemon if needed to blend this pesto.
- In a medium bowl toss pesto with tuna and garbanzo beans. Serve on the lettuce leaves. Serve with lemon wedge
and cherry tomatoes if desired.
Lettuce Cups with Tuna Pesto Salad, 4 serving entrée
Lettuce Cups with Tuna Pesto Salad, 8 serving appetizer
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit