A great gluten-free and dairy-free dish with protein, these lettuce cups are not only packed with nutrients,
but are fun and portable too! A simple pesto made with arugula and mixed with tuna and garbanzo beans makes
this a gorgeous salad, that nestles itself in crisp butter lettuce leaves. The result is a great appetizer
or perfect lunch. I hope you give this a try, especially when the weather warms up!
Servings: 4 entrée or 8 appetizer servings
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups arugula, packed
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 7 oz. garbanzo beans (half a can), rinsed well
- 1 can no-salt tuna packed in water
- 8-10 butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
- Add all ingredients except garbanzo beans, tuna, and lettuce into a blender or immersion blender. Blend until
herbs and garlic are finely chopped. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water or lemon if needed to blend this pesto.
- In a medium bowl toss pesto with tuna and garbanzo beans. Serve on the lettuce leaves. Serve with lemon wedge
and cherry tomatoes if desired.
Lettuce Cups with Tuna Pesto Salad, 4 serving entrée
Lettuce Cups with Tuna Pesto Salad, 8 serving appetizer
For photographs and detailed instructions, please visit
Take Our Survey
We need your help! Periodically we conduct a survey of our visitors and use the results
to help guide our planning process for future programming. We really want to know what
you think, and your answers will help us improve the Shape Up America! organization. Please take
a few minutes to share your questions, thoughts and ideas. Your responses will be kept strictly
Donate to SUA
Please consider a donation to Shape Up America! Your tax-deductible contribution helps us develop new initiatives to
address the problem of obesity in America.
Shape Up Secrets
OAAA Weight Management