Wellness Manager, City of San Antonio
Job Title: Employee Benefits Manager — Wellness
$27.37 - $46.52 Hourly
$56,921.80 - $96,766.80 Annually
Job Type: 4C Full-Time
Location: 111 Soledad San Antonio, Texas 78205
Department: Human Resources
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
Grant Funded: No
Work Hours: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Under administrative direction, is responsible for planning, developing, and administering the City's employee flexible benefits programs. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
This position is an “unclassified” position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, develops, implements, and administers employee wellness initiatives, such as educational programming, incentive programs, health-related events, employee assistance program, and vendor management.
- Prepares annual wellness budget.
- Prepares annual cost analysis of wellness programs and future cost projections.
- Evaluates wellness program goals against stated objective.
- Monitors government regulations, developments, and trends.
- Represents the City with outside vendors and consultants.
- Communicates wellness program initiatives to management and employees.
- Keeps necessary records, and develops appropriate administrative systems and controls.
- Conducts management studies, including internal and external surveys.
- Supervises wellness staff in implementation of wellness programs and projects.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, with preferred coursework in kinesiology, health education, health science, community health, or similar field.
- Five (5) years of administrative experience in Health Promotion/Education, to include three (3) years of supervisory responsibility, with preferred experience in employee wellness programming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management.
- Knowledge of health and wellness programs.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws affecting employee wellness.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to analyze return on investment data related to wellness programs.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to initiate innovative programs to reduce or control the costs of employee benefits through preventive health.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Substitution Ratio: City employees are allowed to substitute two years of related experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience. Effective July 9, 2010, external applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the job without substitution;
APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO IN THIS POSITION MUST RECEIVE SATISFACTORY RESULTS FROM PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING, REFERENCES, BACKGROUND CHECKS AND CREDENTIAL VERIFICATION. ADDITIONALLY, SINCE THIS IS A SENSITIVE POSITION, SELECTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE TEXAS LAW ENFORCEMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM ACCESS POLICY, AND YOU ARE SUBJECT
Applications may be filed online at http://www.sanantonio.gov
Position Announcement (PDF) ‐ Wellness Manager [Position #2013-00085]